Prospective James H. Gilliam, Sr. Fellows are individuals from all walks of life who have answered the call to public service, and are looking to expand their policy, advocacy, and community organizing capabilities.
Candidates are determined, intellectually curious and demonstrate a commitment to excellence in service as well as a capacity for growth.
During this 10-month immersive fellowship you will gain knowledge and experience in policy research, coalition building, and learn to navigate Delaware’s political and economic arenas from a host of legislators, community advocates, and business leaders across the state.
The application deadline is Friday, December 1, 2017.
Want to navigate Delaware’s community, economic, and government systems? Want to develop your skills and transform your community?
Then consider applying for the James H. Gilliam, Sr. Fellowship Program! This program will train you to be a change agent and empower you to create and execute solutions to pressing social problems.
The application deadline is Friday, December 1, 2017
Participants will be able to:
- Navigate Delaware’s “lay-of-the-land” within the political, governmental, economic, and legal climate in the state
- Develop their organizing skills by understanding policy change
- Coordinate their own project that furthers improved socio-economic outcomes in the state
The program will mainly take place in Wilmington or Dover with occasional trips throughout the state and region. The program takes place from January 2018 to October 2018 two to three days a month including:
- The 2nd Tuesday of each month (8am to 7pm)
- The 4th Saturday of each month (9am to 5pm)
- Occasional Sunday mornings
All selected Fellows will receive a $1,000 stipend to participate in the program and to cover any time taking absence from work.